Since 1977 “ International Women’s Day” has been celebrated on March 8 every year.
It’s the day to claim our social equality and rights. We have walked a lot, struggled to get rights, won many battles, got over difficult situations, gained appreciation of our values and abilities, and we have reached a point where everything seems to be blocked and may become worse.
Next Saturday we are celebrating “Working Women’s Day”. All women are working ones…..those who work for a company, those who work from home, those who are homewives…. We are very important in society. But what are we really going to celebrate?
There are still millions of women
- Who earn much less than men for the same job.
- Who are still battered and murdered.
- Whose power over their own body may be removed as well as their freedom of decision when they have to face a difficult situation in life.
- Who are dismissed when they get pregnant.
- Who have a lot of difficulties to find a job if they are disabled.
- Who are still educators and take care of children and elderly people, and this means they, often, have to give up their working success.
- Who are insulted by impolite and disrespectful politicians who unscrupuslously damage their dignity.
- Who, by the fact of being women, are denied any right to education, are subjected to passive sexuality, and are condemned to live under a “cloth prison”.
- Who are still trafficked to be sexually exploited.
It will be a day for claiming and demonstrations but too many women won’t be able to participate….so
GO ON FIGHTING TO WIN BATTLES AND OVER ALL, GO ON EDUCATING IN EQUALITY AND RESPECT TO GET NORMAL BEHAVIOUR AMONG MEN AND WOMEN AT SCHOOL, WORK, HOME AND EVERYWHERE.